The Equity Metrics program supports the Institute, our partners, and policymakers by developing evidence-based research on pressing social problems. With data scientists, mapping expertise, and data visualization capacity, we produce timely and rigorous policy research concerning racial/social inequities. Recent applications include:
- Analysis and mapping of racial residential segregation
- Coding and analysis of residential zoning towards zoning reform
- Assessment of ‘disparate’ racial impacts
- Empirical analysis and modeling for siting affordable housing
- Covid-19 mapping to assess racial equity, and
- Modeling spatial distribution of opportunity
We have also published on the demographic impacts of natural disasters, assisted with the development of equity-based student-assignment policies, and analyzed RHNA and LIHTC policies.
We offer the following services:
- Compiling, analyzing and presenting data from public and proprietary sources
- Identify indicators or measures to assess diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Conducting demographic, spatial and statistical analysis
- Data visualization using tables, charts, maps and infographics
- Modeling and comparing alternative policy options
- Creating interactive web maps
Our team has decades of experience working with municipal governments, school districts, state agencies, non-profit organizations and other research entities to advance equity-based policymaking. Please browse the menu on the right-hand side of this page to view active and ongoing projects and view our team members, or scroll down to read press releases or browse our reports and publications. If you would like to speak with us about supporting your work or partnering together, please fill out this form request form and we will get in touch with you. We will review your needs and connect with you via email or set up a call to go over your request. In case your request does not fit within the parameters of this form, please contact us at email@example.com.