This event has concluded. Watch a recording of the event below, and find the faculty research briefs on this page.
The Haas Institute is hosting a public event featuring new publications and a panel discussion on equity-based interventions from Haas Institute-affiliated faculty and partners. This event is free and open to the public, RSVP required.
The new produced policy briefs include:
- Disability Studies Cluster - State of Change: State-level Actions to Protect the Rights of Parents with Disabilities and their Children
- Diversity and Democracy Cluster - Realizing a More Inclusive Electorate: Identity, Knowledge, Mobilization
- Health Disparities Cluster - Diversity and Health Disparities
- LGBTQ Citizenship Cluster - Creating Bathroom Access and A Gender Inclusive Society
- Religious Diversity - Religious Diversity: Historical Narrative
In addition, the following two previously-released publications will also be discussed by faculty:
- Economic Cluster - Responding to Rising Inequality (released in 2014)
- Race Diversity and Ed Cluster - Responding to Educational Inequality: Addressing Race and Social Class Disparities to Increase Opportunity
Presentations and panel discussion with UC Berkeley faculty, researchers, and partners, including:
- Karen Barkey
- Joshua Clark
- Cybelle Fox
- Denise Herd
- Hilary Hoynes
- Sonia Katyal
- Taeku Lee
- Jovan Lewis
- Mahasin Mujahid
- Karen Nakamura
- Osagie Obasogie
- john a. powell
- Susan Schweik
- Janelle Scott
Friday, September 21
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Note: This event will have CART Captioning available.
Also: Attendees are kindly requested not to wear strong perfumes or scents.