Applications for the 2021 Summer Fellowship program are now closed.
The Summer Fellowship is open to traditional and non-traditional undergraduate students, graduate students within their first or second year of master’s level or PhD programs, as well as recent graduates of undergraduate or master’s level programs at any university, college, or community college. To be eligible, international students must secure their own visa and US work permit by mid-April 2020, per UC Berkeley policy, to be eligible for the fellowship.
To apply, please complete the online application form and submit the following documents as a single PDF file through the application portal (https://forms.gle/fUtSXpAY8A6jvBdH7) before 5:00 pm Pacific Time on Saturday, January 16, 2021. Note: Application portal requires users to login to a Google/gMail account.
- COVER LETTER: maximum 2 pages. Please address the following questions.
- How do your lived experiences and personal goals inform your interest in working with the Othering & Belonging Institute as a summer fellow?
- Which O&B Institute program(s) you are most interested in working with and why?
- What relevant academic or professional experience and skills would you bring to your work with the specific program(s) you're most interested in?
- RESUME: maximum 2 pages;
- WRITING SAMPLE: maximum 5 pages, double spaced, of which you are the sole author. This may be an excerpt of a longer piece/paper. Please provide a 1-2 sentence description of the original purpose of the piece (e.g. the course, project, and/or assignment it was written for, title, and date of submission/publication). A list of references or works cited may be attached as a separate page, which does not count toward the five-page limit.
Interviews will be held between late February and mid-March 2021, and candidates will be notified of decisions by early April 2020.
Applications submitted after 5pm on Saturday, January 16, 2021, or without a cover letter, resume, and writing sample will not be considered.
Please visit the FAQs page for additional information. If your question isn’t answered in the FAQs, contact the Othering & Belonging Summer Fellowship Committee at <firstname.lastname@example.org>