Dr. Eboo Patel is one of America’s foremost experts on religious diversity and bridgebuilding. He is founder and president of IFYC, the largest interfaith organization in North America, and served on President Obama’s inaugural Faith Council. For twenty years, Eboo has worked with governments, social sector organizations and private companies on productively engaging religious diversity towards the achievement of interfaith cooperation. Eboo is the author of five books: Acts of Faith, Sacred Ground, Interfaith Leadership: A Primer, and Out of Many Faiths: Religious Diversity and the American Promise. His forthcoming book, We Need to Build: Field Notes for Diverse Democracy, highlights the central role that religious traditions and institutions can play in creating positive and productive relationships in a diverse democracy. It will be released in spring 2022.
During his Fellowship year, Eboo will be engaging with faculty, staff, students and the broader public on issues related to religious diversity and bridgebuilding.
- Interfaith Youth Core's Eboo Patel at Ideas Day (Chicago Ideas)
- To narrow toxic divides, students build bridges between faiths (PBS Newshour)
- Commentary: Here’s how Biden can keep the faith, and spread it (Chicago Tribune)
- Op-ed: What Martin Luther King Jr. taught us about embracing our enemies (Chicago Tribune)
- How liberal college students found common ground with evangelical peers (USA Today)